The student news site of Wichita Heights High School

The Highlighter

Track 5-5

Danson Kariuki

One week ago the falcons went to east for the east relays. Overall the boys took 1st in the meet and the girls took 8th. Boys that placed in the meet include Ontario Russel placing 3rd overall in the 100m dash, Adrian Roberts placing 1st and Joseph Porter placing 2nd in the 110m Hurdles, Cortez Orange 1st in the 300m Hurdles, the 4x200m relay took 3rd, and Isaac Smallwood placing 1st in long jump and first in triple jump. Girls that did well in this meet were Clarise Nichols placing 1st in the 100, the 4×100 placing third, and Ashton Conley placing 2nd in the javelin. Last Monday Heights had their Invitational. The falcons showed everyone whose home it is wining by a difference of 57 points. Many people in this meet placed in top 3 including Roy Lo 3rd in 400m, Anthoney Collins 1st and Malachi George 2nd 800m run , Danson Kariuki placing 2nd in 1600m run and 2nd in Steeplechase, Nathan Mier placing 1st in 3200 and 1st in Steeplechase, and Isaac Smallwood 1st in high jump, 1st in triple jump, and 3rd in long jump. In throwing events Traesal Jones placed 1st in shot put and Dejuan Scott 2nd in shot put and 1st in discuss. In the Heights Invitational the girls overall placed 2nd. Individually girls that did well include Clarise Nichols 1st in 100, and 2nd in 200, Tiffany Fairly 3rd in 200, Imari Grayson 2nd in 400, followed by Jayla fennel 3nd in 400, Hannah Roberts 2nd in Steeplechase, Morgan Henderson 1st in Triple jump, and 2nd in long jump, Lauryn Powell 2nd in shot put, and Ashton Conley placing 2nd in discuss and 2nd in Javelin.

A huge congratulations to any one that placed in the meets and everyone that participated in the meets. Today the falcons will travel to the derby invitational. Good job so far this year, and good luck!