The Highlighter

Prom royalty: Seniors

Shelby Burns, Sports Editor

Prom is April 20th at the Abode. Prom starts at 8:30PM and ends at 11PM. The theme of Prom is Enchanted Arabian Sunset. This year’s nominees for prom royalty are:

Queen Candidates

IMG_7216Chanell Nguyen

Chanell is looking forward to after prom, and is determined to be the first on the mechanical bull! While she’s at prom, she’ll be hoping they play her favorite dance The Wobble, or songs by Justin Bieber. Other than just dancing at prom, Chanell is involved in Tennis, Bowling, Swimming, and Choir.

IMG_7214Abby Wells

Abby is looking forward to spending prom with her friends. While she’s there, she won’t dance, but hopes they’re will be a little country music. At after prom she plans on not riding the mechanical bull. She may not dance, but she is a proud supporter of the Heights Falcons!

Laura Brockmeyer

Laura Brockmeyer

Laura is excited to be with all her friends and see everyone all dressed up. She might do her favorite dances The Wop or The Bernie at Prom. After dancing she definitely plans on riding the bull at after prom. Laura is involved in Madrigals, Peer leading, NHS, Cheerleading, she’s a class officer, circle of friends, and she’s in track at Heights.

IMG_7180Courtney Guess

Courtney is looking forward to seeing everybody dressed up in beautiful gowns and tuxedos..Her favorite music is anything by Coldplay. She is excite to ride the bull again, just like last year at After Prom. At School she’s in bamd, was the head drum major, she’s in the Nail Art Club, and in Teens HOPE.

King Candidates

Wesley TeagueIMG_7205

Wesley is most looking forward to hopefully winning Prom King, and getting hype. His favorite dance The Humpty Hump. After all the dancing, he plans to ride the bull at after prom. He’s not just running for Prom king, he’s a peer leader, in stucco, senior class president, and in track.

IMG_7185Ross McFarland

Ross is most looking forward to all the people and the dancing at prom this year. At prom he hopes that there will be hip-hop and ‘Rock N Roll music. His favorite song is Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepson. Besides going to Prom and After-Prom and having a blast, Ross is a baseball manager.

Page KendalIMG_7176

Page is looking forward having a good time with his friends and girlfriend with the hopes of being crowned King. You might catch him dancing to The Safety Dance. He plans to ride the bull at After Prom. At school he’s a varsity bowler, assistant drum major in band, in NHS, and he’s VP in SHS.

Ethan WallisIMG_7208