The Highlighter

Prom Royalty: Juniors

Shelby Burns, Sports Editor

Prom is April 20th at the Abode. Prom starts at 8:30PM and ends at 11PM. The theme of Prom is Enchanted Arabian Sunset. This year’s nominees for prom royalty are:

Princess Candidates:

Brianna HammondIMG_7218

Brianna is looking forward to getting dressed up from her hair, dress, makeup, to her nails. Her favorite music to listen to is Kate Nash or Adele. She plans to maybe ride the bull at after prom. At Heights she’s involved in Falconettes, concert choir, band, peer leading, cheerleading, and track.

IMG_7194Brianna Lee

Brianna is looking forward to being with her friends. While she’s there it seems as if she might not be on the dance floor too much, when asked about her favorite dance she said “I don’t ‘dance’”. Her musical artist is Jason Aldean. She won’t be riding the bull at After Prom. At school Brianna is

Shelbi WareIMG_7188

Shelbi is looking forward to making memories with her best friends, and getting dressed up. Her memories won’t stop on the dance floor, onone of them being riding the bull at After Prom. At school she’s a peer leader, student coach, in NHS, African American CLub, and Volleyball.

IMG_7181Katy Murrish

Katy is excited to dance with her date and her friends at Prom, hopefully to Paramore, or her favorite song Superman. Her favorite dance is The Cupid Shuffle. She does plan to ride the bull at After Prom. At school she is involved in bowling, JROTC, and choir.

Prince Candidates:

Josh FarringtonIMG_7199

Josh is looking forward to hanging out with people at Prom. He may not have a favorite dance, but he likes anything music, especially Jason ALdean. At After Prom he plans on taking an eight second ride on the mechanical bull. At school, Josh plays varsity baseball.

IMG_7191Joseph “Joe” Bates

The all around experience is what Joe is looking forward to. He doesn’t have a favorite dance. His favorite artist is J. Cole, and song is Get It by Big Sean. He won’t be riding the bull at After Prom. He’s not involved in anything at Heights, but is plaing on playing Fottball next year.

Alan GarretIMG_7331

Alan is looking forward to all the girls most at Prom. He’d like to hear his favorite song Sucessful by Drake, and dance to his favorite dance Strollins. He doesn’t plan to ride the bull at After Prom. At Heights Alan is involved in Football.

IMG_7225Greg Jones