Caylen Lowery wins Supercar Guy: Student Athlete of the month Award.

21st Century Journalism

Senior

Reporting Teams: Sports/School & Education

I am involved in Football, Wrestling, and Band.

21st Century Journalism Senior Reporting Teams: Sports/School & Education I am involved in Football, Wrestling, and Band.

Jada York, Reporter

Caylen Lowery, a senior, student, and defensive line player for the Heights Varsity Football team, just won the Supercar Guy: Student Athlete Of The Month award.

Caylen, not only a defensive line player for football; but also is a band member, and wrestles. Due to showing amazing skills in school and out of school, Caylen received a Student Athlete award.  What is exactly the Student Athlete Of The Month award?

The Supercar Guy: Student Athlete Of The Month award is a recognition award for students who are doing amazing things academically and athletically. Everyone can fill out a form and, in 300 words or less, tell 93.5 radio station about students who they think should win the award. Friday mornings The Hitman & Carla will recognize the Super Car Guy: Student Athlete of the week! If the student or kid is chosen, they will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card and a free Papa John’s® pizza party for their class at their school!

“ I Honestly didn’t know, I just got a text from my mom saying come to the cafeteria and it was just all confusing,” said Caylen.
Caylen had no clue in advanced about being informed that he had won the Student Athlete award. Caylen confused and blindsided walked towards to the cafeteria, only to be greeted by The Hitman and Carla, a crowd of people, and multiple pizza boxes.

Caylen said he plans on saving the $100 Visa Gift Card for something bigger and he shared his Papa John’s® pizza party with his football team.
The only question left is; How does he manage all his extracurriculars and school?

” It just all kind falls in line to empty spots,” said Caylen. Mentioning that he has a scheduled routine and his extracurriculars fall into his free time. Caylen hoping that this be one of his many, future awards to come.