The student news site of Wichita Heights High School

The Highlighter

Track 4-13

Danson Kariuki

Danson Kariuki, Videographer

Heights had their first official Track meet at the SE invite. Overall the boys placed 5th and the girls placed 9th. Individually boys that did well were Jaden Powell who placed 2nd overall in the 200m dash, Adrian Roberts placing 1st in the 110m Hurdles and 2nd in triple jump, K’vonte Baker placing 2nd in long jump, and Isaac Smallwood placing 1st in triple jump.  For the girls, Jayla Fennel placed 3rd in the 400m dash, and Morgan Henderson placed 4th in long jump.

Last week Heights traveled to the Maize invitational. The boys overall placed 6th, and the girls placed 11th. Jaden Powell placed 1st in the 200m, Adrian Roberts placed 2nd in the 110m hurdles, and Isaac Smallwood placed 1st in the triple jump. Congratulation to everyone that participated in these events.

This Tuesday the falcon were at the Salina Invitational. Ontario Russell placed 6th in the men 100m run. Adrian Roberts placed 2nd in the 110m hurdles. 4 by 1 meter team placed 3rd overall, which included Russell, Baker, Majono, and Roberts. Andrew Thorton placed 3rd in the high jump. In this meet history was made at Heights High School. 2nd triple jumper in the State Isaac Smallwood jumped a personal record of 46’ 5, breaking the Wichita Heights High School record that was previously made by Olympic Athlete Austin Bonner. Congratulations to Isaac Smallwood.

To find any result of previous track meets visit directathletics.com